Sunday, December 13, 2009

Landen's 3rd B-Day

I Can't believe that my baby is 3 years old.  He has gotten so big and is so smart and fun.  He loves anything that has to do with motorcycles, four-wheelers, or basketball.  He is very particular about what he will wear.  He will only wear clothes that have anything to do with these things.  His shoes have to be "fast"shoes, meaning skateboardish kinds.  We can trick him into wearing other kinds if we tell him that they are basketball shoes, but it takes a lot of convincing.
We had just a small party with family and Ryan, Mindy and their kids.  Landen loved being sang to and was very excited to blow out the candle.


He wanted a basketball cake.  We were going to have wal-mart make one, but decided we could do just as good a job as them.  So here is the finished product.  I think it turned out great!

Of course there is always a little trial and error in everything, right!?!  This was my first attempt, I tried to take it out of the pan before it had cooled and it turned into this mess.  It might not have been so bad, but I was ticked off so I may have karate chopped it a few times. Alyssa said it still tasted good with frosting.  

We are so glad to have Landen in our lives.  He is such a sweet, loving boy.  He is definitely all boy and we love him for it.  He is so silly, and loves to make us laugh.  He has a great sense of humor and likes to play jokes on you and then say "I'm just teasing".
Happy Birthday Landen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment